Friday, January 22, 2010

Week 13: Shrimp and Peas

Hello,

So Christie hasn't been sleeping well at all lately and is more tired than usual. This makes me feel helpless a lot. The Snoogle isn't helping much (even though I'm not sure that's what is was intended for anyway. I'm pretty sure it's just a "comfortable" way to keep her from rolling onto her back later on (this restricts blood flow to the baby.) Other than that Christie is feeling good. No weird cravings, however, she went on an olive and pickle binge for a while (just pickles no ice cream combo... Yet)

Baby is about the size of a medium shrimp and if it's a girl, she already has over 2,000,000 eggs (which is crazy to me... don't know why, but I can't seem to get my head around that idea.) Baby now has finger prints, so from this day until they turn 18, it is our job to make sure that they never become a part of any Police Database anywhere! Ever! After that, I guess we just hope... But I might be getting ahead of myself.

We are in the planning process of turning our "OSU shrine" room/office into the guest room (don't worry, it'll still be OSU style!) and our guest room into the baby room. Everything but paint color has been decided (we'll find out in early March, so vote if you want... Only a little over a month left to do so. By the way, it's at about 51% Boy and I think that is wrong... I don't care what it is, but I have a strange feeling it's gonna have eggs, but more on that later)

We also recently got a Fetal Doppler so that we can hear Baby's heartbeat any time we want! Pretty cool stuff. We can even record it on the computer... so, maybe, one day, I'll record it and put it on here. It'll probably be in a few months when the heartbeat is louder... It's a little hard to hear right now. That's probably because its only the size of a medium shrimp, so imagine how big that little heart is... maybe the size of a english pea?


Later,
D&C

No comments:

Post a Comment