Friday, July 16, 2010

Week 37 & 38: Baby Date CONFIRMED!!!



Week 37: Swiss Chard
Week 38: Leek
Probably won't be posting next week on Tuesday (heck, maybe I will, you never know) but it is the day before Rylie will get to meet us and vice versa! July 21st (or possibly earlier depending on how stubborn she is) will be Rylie's birthday. This is so freakin' cool, there aren't really words to describe it all. But I'll try.

We are almost parents... responsible for another human being for the next 18 or more years! This freaks me out A LOT! I'm not sure its really a question of whether we're going to mess this kid up, it's more a matter of how much we are going to mess this kid up (Just kidding... sort of). On the other hand, I know that the good will outweigh any negatives because, well, that's what everyone tells me... and I mean EVERYONE that has kids says the same thing: "It's hard, but sooooo worth it!" or some variation of that. So, this gives me hope that the sleepless nights, spit-up in the mouth, poopy diapers, and non-stop crying will be overridden by adorable smiles, happy giggles, and wonderful moments to share forever...

The posts from the hospital will most likely be just pictures from my phone. No hilarious stories till I get a little time... (I think I just heard all the parents in the world collectively laugh and say "Ha, yeah right...free time? What's that?) But one can dream!

I will leave you with a picture. I stylized this one to make the blocks stand out and think it is outstanding. It will probably end up on a wall somewhere in our house. (We received our Maternity pics, so no more "stealing" from the proof site.) Anyway, hope you like this as much as I do... In fact this is my lock screen on my iPhone.


Next time I write, we will be parents,
D&C

1 comment:

  1. hooray! i commented on the pics on christie's facebook, but they are awesome! and i can't believe you'll be parents so soon! how very exciting. y'all will be in my thoughts and prayers! love all 3 of you!

    ReplyDelete