Saturday, July 24, 2010

Life at the hospital... through a new Dad's eyes...

Hey guys,

I figured I'd take a minute to write a little something tonight... right now I'm watching my wife sleeping with a little baby on her chest doing what is called, at this hospital, "skin to skin" (I think I've heard something about "kangaroo hold" or something like that being that same at other places)... I'm not sure that sleeping is a part of the process by design, but they look so tired and cute that it's okay! I'm tired myself right now, but I'm also awake if that makes sense... nights and days all kinda blend together when feedings happen every 2-3 hours. I just called my best friend for the first time since Rylie was born and I looked down and it was 11:00pm... luckily he was at a bar, drinking milk of course... I thought it was more like 8:30pm. My brain hasn't been functioning as well lately, so if these stories seem a bit random... its probably just you.

Here are some interesting tidbits/lessons/factoids that I have learned in the past 72 hours:

  • Hospital towels are roughly the size of an Olive Garden table napkin, only thinner.
  • Unplanned C-Sections are nerve wracking, no matter how tough you are... so you can imagine how it was for me! Har har har...
  • DO NOT look over the drape during a C-Section, you will pass out (I did not pass out, but I would have had I looked, I promise!)
  • Poop IS exciting... I know, it's weird... type, consistency, amount... ALL VERY EXCITING!
  • Spit up IS NOT exciting... no way, no how...
  • Hospital "couch-beds" are plastic-coated for a reason. This reason is not comfortability.

And now for some picture goodness!









D&C

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I am so excited for you and I love seeing how happy you both are! You are such amazing people and even better parents! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete