Saturday, March 20, 2010

Week 20 & 21: Kicking Banana Sonogram Split

I FELT RYLIE KICK TODAY!!! Christie has been able to feel her moving and kicking for a while now, but she would always stop when I would put my hand on her belly (naturally, since I'm a calming force of nature, she would calm right down...) but today, I must have been off my game because she kicked right through my calming aura! She could possibly take part in the 2028 Summer Olympics going for a gold medal in Boxing, like Lela Ali (or possibly a martial art, we're gonna give her options)...

Rylie has gotten quite a bit bigger... as you all know, we had a sonogram a couple of weeks back and found out we are having a little girl! Rylie can be found posing for some pictures below... such a ham, must get that from her mom (ok, probably from me...) I know i've missed a week on the posting, but such is life... Last week she was the size of a banana and this week she is a carrot... the reason for the jump in fruit size is that after 20 weeks the baby is measured from head to toe, while she was previously measured from head to rump... I don't know why, but those are the rules.


Next on the agenda is PAINT!

We have finally picked the paint colors...after selecting 1 chocolate, 2 greens, and 3 pinks to test, we nailed it on the chocolate, 1 of the greens was perfect and completely struck out with the pinks. So we start over on the pinks and pick 3 more... so the grand total is 9 paint samples on the wall and 3 colors chosen! We're going with a pink base, Behr Pink Punch, in case you're interested... with Chocolate and Green (Behr Breakfast Blend, and Behr Tart Apple) circles on the wall. We're not sure about the size and arrangement of the circles but I am using my awesome Adobe Illustrator expertise to layout the wall before we paint... It's much easier to move circles on a computer than ones painted on a wall! We will have pictures up as soon as things are painted... I promise.

Next up? Camcorders!

I just purchased a Canon Vixia HF200... the sleekest most affordable little video camera ever made (maybe not ever, but i like to pretend). It takes only "flash memory" so no tapes, no on-board harddrive, nothing to go wrong except pure camera! So when I take a video of my little girls first steps, i pop a card into my laptop and its on this blog within minutes (actually it'll probably be more like days because i'll have to edit it to look all fancy, since im a perfectionist like that...) Should be pretty fun stuff!

My next purchase will be a DSLR still camera, probably a Canon Rebel XSi or Canon Rebel T1i but that's a ways down the road. Hopefully before Rylie comes, but if not maybe i can save some birthday money and christmas money. We'll see...

Until next time,
D&C

1 comment:

  1. We have a Rebel XSi and love it! I could never go back to a regular camera after having the SLR. You will love having it once she gets here.

    ReplyDelete